TCSA

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TCSA
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:13:27 -0500
Last night I pulled my air pump and was reading John Twist's
tech manual and it's a bit confusing.

So the vacuum hose goes from the manifold/gulp valve to this
vacuum valve/solenoid thing called a TCSA (transmission control
something). Can you tell I don't have John's book in
front of me. Oh, Moss part number,  145-740  N/A.

There are two wires running to it, red/yellow and black. The
r/y goes to a micro switch, somewhere, and on the other end of that
switch is a yellow that goes to overdrive gear switch on the tranny.
Yes, even if you don't have an overdrive. I do know that's there.

So, John's tech article says, take the vacuum tube straight from the
manifold to the dizzy. And that if you don't have an OD, the wires
must be removed.

My question is, from where? Just tape off the wires from the solenoid?
I.e. the red/yellow and black. Or do I need to get it the whole circuit
pulled out?

Also, how do I get the air pump bracket out? The nut can't come out
because the pulley is in the way.

I may be imagining things, but, in my around the block. It seems better.
Idle is a bit low (600), but it doesn't sound like it's going to die
like it used to when idle would temporarily drop that low.

I may start pulling out the ZS for my HIF rebuilds tonight. Then again,
I might not have time...

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd N.E., Fl 1S    PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155