Re: TCSA

To: "Paul Root" <proot@iaces.com>
Subject: Re: TCSA
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:00:36 +0100
The simplest thing, if you still have the solenoid, is to leave it there and
connected, just bypass it by running the vacuum pipe direct from intake to
distributor.  If you *don't* have the solenoid then securely insulate the
two wires both from each other and from coming into contact with anything
else, the yellow/black carries unfused 12v when in 4th and will burn looms
if it grounds.  You can leave the gearbox end as it is, unless you have the
gearbox out in which case you could disconnect and tape up the yellow/black
at that end as well.

You shouldn't have to alter the timing, as your 4th gear conditions without
TCSA will be exactly the same as with TCSA.  You will have to reduce the
idle speed though, as without TCSA you will have full manifold advance at
the distributor which will significantly increase the idle.