Re: TCSA

To: MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: TCSA
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:29:38 -0500
My son's baseball game was rained out last night, after two innings,
so I was able to get out in the garage.

I pulled the manifold with carb still on it. It's truly a wonder this
car was running. The middle two studs didn't seem to be tightened down.
The manifold to cat interface had one slightly loose bolt. Gas poured
out of the vapor line to the absorption canister. I'm planning on
replacing the charcoal in that already.

I'd always stalled on tuning the ZS, since it was such a pain. Have to
dig through my workshop to find the tuning tool. And remember how to do
it. I thought it was running rich, but I didn't expect gas in the
vapor line.

I broke 3 bolts. One on the cat to exhaust pipe and both on the
clamp connecting the exhaust pipe to the front muffler.

So everything is intact to reverse the process if needed.

That's where I stopped. Tonight, the make up baseball game, cub scouts,
etc. I don't think I'll be there.

The punch line of course, is that today is the first day of the week
that I could have driven the car to work. So for the rest of you twin
cities folk. Expect sunny skies until I get the car back on the road.
:-)

Good luck, Monte. Send me a picture of the new paint! Hopefully, I can
get on that next summer. My cousin has promised to help. Which I hope
means he'll paint it.

--
    ______
   /    _ \   Paul T. Root <proot@iaces.com>