Adjusting fuel level on a "fixed" float?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Adjusting fuel level on a "fixed" float?
From: Menno.Meijer@ict.nl
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 08:39:32 +0200
Dear List,

According to the SU documentation the fuel level can
be adjusted by bending the metal plate on the fuel
float. (When upside-down the distance between float
en lid should be approx. 4mm for HS4 as far as I know)

Unfortunatly I've got two different floats. One with
the metal plate and one "new" one without.

http://www.i-shirt.nl/mgb/DSCN6726big.jpg

Can somebody tell me if and how I should adjust the
fuel level in case of this "fixed" float? Paul suggest
to put washers underneath the valve. But is it really
necesssary to adjust these fixed floats? Can they be
wrong? (As far as I know there's nothting which could
get "out of tune" over the years)

Best regards,

Menno Meijer

----------------
This E-mail message, including any attached documentation, is
confidential. Should you have received this message wrongly, you are
urged to inform the sender at "disclaimer@ICT.nl" and remove the message
from your system. Any unauthorised dissemination of the information, in
whole or in part, is prohibited. E-mail messages can be subject to
change. ICT Automatisering NV and its subsidiaries cannot be held
responsible for incorrect, incomplete and/or delayed transfer of
messages and possible damage caused by this. Although ICT Automatisering
NV (including its subsidiaries) makes every effort to send messages free
of viruses by using a viruschecker, ICT Automatisering NV (or its
subsidiaries) cannot guarantee that the message and any attachments are
actually completely virus free.