Re: Setting fire to three SUVs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Setting fire to three SUVs
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:31:00 -0500
David Breneman wrote:
> Rocky Frisco SEZ -
>
>>I tend to agree, but I think the sentence WAS a bit excessive,
>>considering he only killed three of the big ugly rolling road-hogs. If
>>it had been three MGs, I reckon he should get the death penalty.  ;)
>

> Amen!  But if vandals can attack SUVs because they're "too big" they
> can sure attack MGs because they're "too fun."  I don't think these
> luddites will be happy until everybody's forced to use mass transit
> and the private ownership of cars is severly curtailed if not banned
> outright.  After all, if you can go see an MG in a museum, why do
> you need to own one?

The latest vandals with that attitude are in our Oklahoma State
Legislature; I was advised yesterday morning that they are developing a
secret plan to require emissions tests on all vehicles starting in 2005.

The citizens of the State demanded a while back that the Oklahoma
"safety check" be abandoned, so they no longer require it. It was a
bogus deal anyway. Now it seems they plan to bring it back, but with
California-style enviro-wacky fascist rules based on bad "science."

The person who told me this is very well informed and also said that so
far there's no exemption provision for classic cars and collector cars.

I plan to raise some hell about this.

-Rock     http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
"JJ Cale Live" CD & Video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm