Re: Setting fire to three SUVs

To: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Subject: Re: Setting fire to three SUVs
From: Bill <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:51:14 -0700
If you had lived or stayed in the Los Angeles Basin in the early 80's,
and went back today, you would be absolutely astounded at the
improvement in the clarity of the air, along with the odors associated
therewith.  This improvement has come about almost solely because of the
toughness of the environmental rules.  California's rules led the nation
toward the much cleaner cars which are sold today, as I am certain that
the car companies would never have done it on their own (witness the
aforementioned SUV's).  These attacks are not based on too big or too
fun.  They are based on the health and welfare of the population as a
whole, just like the anti-smoking laws which exist today.  If Chevy
wants to make an SUV which gets 30 miles to a gallon, I'm sure most
activists would be happy to leave well enough alone.
Bill
Slightly Classics
'81 VW diesel pickup
'92 Isuzu Rodeo Gas Hog