Re: The After-Market

To: "MG List Postings" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Subject: Re: The After-Market
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:00:41 -0400
Reading the fixes fort he C's understeer, it occurs to me that the
prescribed modifications aren't any more dramatic than are carried out on
thousands of B's for more or less the same reason.  I had always imagined
the C would be more problematic what with the torsion bars and all, but it
sounds like basic stuff.  Very good to know (especially for Paul!).  Just
another observation, it always strikes me as unreasonable how some of the
automotive press really go after a car due to easily tweak-able handling
characteristics - sometimes as niggling a point as tire selection.  It
happens every day, but I am referring here to the thrashing the C took in
the press upon introduction, and which has sullied its reputation and gave
birth to myths that are repeated even today.  The real problem with the C is
that it just wasn't what everyone expected it to be, not that it is such a
hopeless case.  I wonder what a supercharger would do for the six?
Hmmmm.....