Re: Engine Swap out ideas and advice - LONG

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Swap out ideas and advice - LONG
From: "Ross Bateman" <ross@rcsa.co.za>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 20:33:37 +0200 (SAST)
Hi All

Thanks to all who gave their input and advice.
I have decided to stick with the original B engine, have the block redone.
(I think I need to go 40 thou over)
I am however having the head gassed flowed and then will put some of the
'blt on' power bits.

The wife summed it up for me and made it real clear... build this car as
you road car which was the plan at the start, and if you want to build a
power car, then start with the right frame... ummm, cobra and gt-40 were
at the top of her list.

Putting a blower on the B sounds interesting, but at $3200 (I think that
is what I saw them for) it is the same value as the car stands now without
shipping. I will however keep my ears open for something that comes along
in the mean time.

Just to let you know what I came up with over here. The Nissan VG30 V6
3000L seemed to be the most attractive choice. I was able to source a
management unit for it from the guys that build the Dakar trucks over
here. The set back here was the gearbox.

The car is so near to being back on the road, I just ould not stand the
thought of messing around anymore. Hopefully the block and head will be
back from the machine shop in time for next weekend.

Thanks again everybody,

Ross