Re: Headlight Question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headlight Question
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:34:44 -0000
MGB factory *spot* or driving lamps were always wired to come on with main
beam only, which is fair enough.  Fog lights were originally available with
just parking lights (called side lights in the UK, not to be confused with
US side-marker lights) but in 71 changed so they were only available with
dipped beam.  As the poster has said the use even of dipped beams in fog
renders fog lights almost useless and the driver dazzled, which I why have
both my front and rear fogs wired to come on with sidelights (via relays, of
course).  Even in foggy England I only find it necessary to use either once
every few years, and the rears only when there is no one following.  Use of
front fogs in clear weather is just silly - Millennium furry dice - but use
of rear fogs particularly in wet weather is downright dangerous.

PaulH.