Re: Headlight Question

To: James Nazarian <jhn3@uakron.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headlight Question
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 06:58:35 -0800 (PST)
My '04 Audi A4 also has fog lights that only work with the headlights (low
beams) on. There is apparently a simple software solution to this problem
- a reprogram so the fogs will work with the parking lights onlly. Seems
like quite a few people have the appropriate software and interface to
reprogram this. I may see if the dealer will do this for me at my first
service at 5,000 miles (along with reprogramming so my doors lock
automatically!).

The A4 also has one rear foglight; I've seen frequent occasions where
people drive around with their rear foglight on in broad daylight, looking
like one (or both) brake lights are lit up.

At least the switch is such so that when you turn off the headlights, the
front (and rear) fog lights also turn off.

--- James Nazarian <jhn3@uakron.edu> wrote:
> My 2002 Impreza required the headlights to be on in order for the fogs
> work, however I noticed that the fogs were so glary that they impeded
> driving in fog or heavy snow.  They had no cutoff that I was ever able
> find, seems they were just big dumb floodlights.  Another annoyance was
> that
> the fogs worked on a two position switch (on/off) so if you turned them
> on,
> the next time you got in the car, they were still on, unlike everything
> else
> in the car that had to be re-selected each time the ignition was cycled.
> Lastly, I picked the car up straight off the transporter, never touched
> by
> another shopper; it was delivered with the fogs on.
>
> I have met numerous people that have driven their car for years without
> ever
> knowing they had their fogs on.  Seems the dealer turned them on when
> the
> car was purchased, and the consumer was never the wiser.
>
> James Nazarian
> 71 MGB Tourer
> 71 MGBGT V8
> 85 Dodge Ram

=====
Dan
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - It's getting better all the time....
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree