Re: Headlight Question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headlight Question
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:57:27 -0500
just intended to be showy.  Like I said, I could never find a use for them.

As for the software update,  I'm jealous.  There was a widely publicized fix
for the fogs on the Imprezas.  I can't speak for the WRX and newer
bodystyles, but the fix for the pre '03 cars was to cut the lead wire for
the fog light relay off of the switched side of the dip beam relay, and
splice it into the running lights.  It is apparently a simple fix but I
never could bring myself to cut anything on a car under warrantee.  I was
perfectly willing to do it, and I think the dealer would have understood
(they were friends of mine) but god forbid something ever went wrong and the
regional rep decided that I had voided the warrantee.  It was just never
worth the risk.  Now if it had been a software update, that would be a whole
different story.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8