RE: Main Bearings Torque

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Main Bearings Torque
From: "Ross Bateman" <ross@rcsa.co.za>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:43:56 +0200
Hi

Just to keep you posted.
I took the block back to the machine shop. I was not happy with what I had
done and rather be safe than sorry.

They suggested that the rear cap might be a little out of alignment, but
have kept the block and will check it out for me and then fit the crank for
me. That will be a weight off my shoulders. (I wanted to do the engine
myself, but at least I tried and will now get some sleep at night knowing at
least the crank will not jump out and leave a nice hole in the tar.)

Anyway, thanks again to all who gave advice.

Ross