Re: Buy off e-bay? was Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE

To: BarrMark262@aol.com, kmwheeler@ualr.ed
Subject: Re: Buy off e-bay? was Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 22:01:54 -0800 (PST)
I bought an Alfa Romeo Spider off eBay, from a guy who
is employed at International Auto Parts - perhaps the
largest Alfa parts place in the country.  He wrote
very knowledgeably about the car, and about how good
it was an so on.  I had a tremendous level of trust in
him.

It was a DECENT car, but nowhere near as nice as he
described.  Overall, I'd say I was disappointed.

But then, I bought my current MGB from a lister here,
and it was - in my opinion - better than described.
So everything evens out, eh?

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005