Re: New guy on the list

To: rolindsay@stoolhead.com
Subject: Re: New guy on the list
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:31:13 EST
In a message dated 2/17/2004 7:20:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rolindsay@stoolhead.com writes:
> Then again, the Porsche guys don't have to be as
> tight-knit.  Their cars always run right!  :)

LOL!  Good observation.  Same with the BMWs.
People just don't understand.  My neighbors can't
fathom why I don't own a Lexus like God.....(?)

Rick,
You ought to move over to my neighborhood. Here I'm already in that Vaulted
and Rarefied status known as ..."The guy with all of the "Classic British Cars"
The buzz word here being "Classic" which has the same basic nomenclature as
in "those old, dilapidated, rustic, Funk-eye (Funky)  & pieces of junk..."
EXCEPT that I'm trying my best to keep them (my LBC's!) nice and shiny, with
polished brightwork and clean tires (tire black works wonders in regard to
eye-appeal and acceptance) Plus they are, at the moment, all running! Blessed
be to
the Savior! I try to maintain a very basic attitude of respect concerning the
acceptence limits of others by not working until 2:30 AM pounding out dents or
revving the engine w/o the mufflers, just the straight exhaust manifold!!
Remember before there was a Lexus, God said Let there be Roll Royces, Jaguars,
TR's and MGB's. And it never hurts to remember...20 years from now you'll
(hopefully) still own a "Classic" and they'll still own a Japanese luxomobile,
doubt if they'll be as popular a nostalgic item as the Datsun 240's have
become.
But who knows maybe in 25-35 years my grandson (who knows he is getting the
MGB, already) will be going through the same angst as I have and will continue
endure keeping my proud little stable of "Classics" up and running. With nice
shiny paint & brightwork (Chrome, brass & S/S) Except (Its even hard to
imagine without wincing!) on a Lexus?...Nah, no way......Do you think?
-=Safety-Fast!=-
Albert Escalante, owner-1978 MGB
1957 Mk.1, 1977 XJ-6L, 1985 VdP (Jaguars)
Central Coast British Car Club (Ca.)
www.ccbcc.org