Re: Darn!

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Darn!
From: "larryrex" <larryrex@awesomenet.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:39:19 -0600
 Eric
 Oh just list the jeepster on Ebay as Nos
 owned and driven by a grandmother.
 Very Low miles etc..
 Collect enough to pay cash for a British
 replacement and then some.

--- Eric <eric@erickson.on.net> wrote:
> Pardon me while I vent - briefly.

Hey, no problem.  While we're at it, I have to vent
too.

My wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee (which I have mentioned
on this list numerous times for what a categoric piece
of crap it is) is now letting me down in what I fear
is a fairly terminal way.

It's been hard to start recently - cranks fine but
takes 5-10 seconds to catch.  So I changed the plugs,
the plug wires, ran a couple of cans of Techron
through it, etc.  But no joy.  Today I noticed that
there appears to be some oil in the coolant overflow
tank!  Gak!  A 2000 Jeep with less than 80k miles on
it, all of them well-maintained and driven by my wife,
apparently has some kind of semi-serious engine
trouble.  This coming on top of a power window that
occasionally refuses to go up, "dual zone" climate
control that has a complete mind of its own, a
driver's door lock that screeches like a banshee when
you open the door, and automatic lights that will
occasionally turn themselves on in the middle of the
night, unbidden, and drain the battery.

WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP.

This is my first and only flirtation with modern
American automobiles, and it will certainly be my
last.  After this experience, I am stunned and amazed
that the American auto industry is alive at any level.

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005
A vintage driving event in the spirit