RE: Darn!

To: "'Bob Howard'" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: RE: Darn!
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:12:20 -0500
Turns out that there was something trapped in the sealing surface between
the front brake line and the MC fitting and it scoured the fitting very
deeply.  I don't know why it sealed for 3 years, and quit last weekend, but
such is life.  I replaced that fitting with a spare and replaced the line as
a precaution and I was done.  That is so much better then having to change
MCs; still don't know why it was leaking down the clutch pedal but oh well.

One drawback with the bottom mount MCs is that you don't know that they are
leaking until the pedal goes to the floor.  Unless you have remote
reservoirs in the cockpit or a low level warning switch, but what is the
likelihood of that?

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer