Re: Darn!

To: eric@erickson.on.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Darn!
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:56:14 EST
Had a similar problem in my old SAAB a few years back.  Went out at lunch
time and no clutch pedal pressure!  A quick call to my mechanic suggested a bad
slave cylinder and some pumping of the pedal so I could still drive it.  Sure
enough, a few pumps on the pedal and I could drive it home (30 miles).  It
still worked fine the next day and I had the clutch and the slave cylinder
replaced.  My mechanic actually suggested I could drive it for a few weeks
without
fixing, but I decided not to take any chances.  (He's always good about
suggesting the lowest cost alternatives to repair!).

Just another SAAB story.
donny v
1978 MGB

In a message dated 2/20/2004 8:04:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
eric@erickson.on.net writes:
> Well..... it still doesn't "feel" quite right - but I just tried a bit
> of BRUTE FORCE and I now have gears.  Started her up in 1st and hopped
> away down the street and after a bit of slamming and crunching she got
> her gears back.  The clutch feels suspect (like low in pressure) but
> everything else feels OK.

.. and now....

After a short drive I have full clutch pressure!?

Of course this thing is not going to let me catch it out and it is
really hard to hunt down the source of a fault when it hides from you!

No wonder some people "REBUILD IT JUST IN CASE"!