Re: tire question

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tire question
From: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:59:23 -0500
Paul Root said, "If you're going that route. Do the Avid H4, H-rated instead
of T and
they are either a dollar less or a dollar more than the T4s from Tirerack."

I ended up with Avid T4's on the MGB a couple of years ago & they've been
fine.  I needed a tall tire as I wanted to maximize ground clearance on the
street & short of going to 15" wheels, they were the best compromise that Tire
Rack could come up with.

While I don't drive as hard on the street as on the track, they have performed
well in all conditions.  And, are good in the rain.  In fact, I thought of
using them for rain tires when racing.  But, they aren't legal.

I have snow tires on the back now & miss the better cornering grip of the
Avid's.  But, then this gives me a chance to practice dealing with oversteer.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB