Re: tire question

To: "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>,
Subject: Re: tire question
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@stoolhead.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:25:27 -0500
It was written;

> If you stay with mixing sizes front and rear
> you would be better to opt for an emergency
> repair kit and ditch the spare like production
> cars with this setup, and gain more boot
> space into the bargain.

Paul, I rarely drive my toy cars far from home so
my emergency repair kit is called AAA.  I have
no spare in the Ferrari or the Corvette.  The MG
has a new spare and the jack, etc., tucked away in
the bag where it never gets opened.  It is
decoration.

As to sizes, the C4 has the same size tires all
around but the wheels are 'sided'.  The Ferrari
uses 16x8 wheels in the front and 16x9 wheels in
the rear; 50 series tires in the front, 45 series
in the rear.  Serious rubber and even at that, its
hard to keep the rear planted on those 'spirited'
moments.

The MG Midget has skinny little 'correct' tires.

Rick