RE: Darn!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Darn!
From: "smarc" <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:54:43 -0500
I always do a "walk around", check tires, look for leaks, open hood & check
all fluid levels, belts, hoses, etc. Also open the boot and check on tools
and supplies b4 taking off. It's just part of the 'hands-on' aspect of the
cars that I enjoy.  I do an occasional walk-around on my 2003 BMW daily
driver, but not much more then check tires & oil level. It's really not much
more than an appliance...

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I just get a lot more "feedback" from my
MG's. Every daily driver car I've had in roughly the last 10 years, while
certainly well-developed machines, just have lost that connected feeling I
get from old cars. The amount of information I can get about the status of
my MG's just by feeling & listening is pretty amazing.

--
Marc Siegel, Charm Net, LLC.  eMail: smarc@abs.net
Baltimore, MD  http://www.charm.net  voice: 410/361-8160