Re: Darn!

To: jhn3@uakron.edu
Subject: Re: Darn!
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:21:43 -0500
   Bottom mount or firewall mount, the fluid level should be checked from
time to time.  MG and other makers put that on their list of scheduled
maintenance items.  Plastic reservoirs sure make the job easier.  They
are an improvement over the metal reservoirs because they don't need to
be opened, thus chance of dirt dropping into fluid is reduced, and, if a
diaphram is part of the cap/cover, there is less exposure to moisture in
the air.
   Pilots do a walk-around of their planes. That's not a bad thing for
us to do also. Better to see the wet spot on the floor than not to see it
(well, maybe not always since if we don't see oil spots the sumps are
probably dry), it's a visual check for low tire pressure, and it's
another opportunity to spot the tricycle behind the car.
Bob