Re: SU Carb identification

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU Carb identification
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:32:34 -0700
They look like the standard hs6 carbs, used on several different LBCs. They
are particularly popular for use on later US models of the TR7 to replace
the ZS carbs. Still uses the same bolt patterns on the same intake
manifold. So far the price looks good so far ($46) although there are three
days left in the auction.

For reference, I think it is T & S Auto(Ted Schumacher?)),  buys similar
HS6 carbs from salvage yards in England and sells them in the US, usually
with intake manifold and linkages, for somewhere around $200-$250 as I
recall (I did the conversion on a 1980 TR7 two years ago). And these here
in Ebay appear to be carbs only so you still would have to come up with
other parts in order to use them.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B