Re: SU Carb identification

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU Carb identification
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:52:40 -0600
Paul,

According to my Haynes SU Carburettors,  HS6's were used on the 240
(2.4L) series Jaguar from 1967 to 1969.  The prefix should be AUD xxx
and F for front or R for rear.  The 1310 he refers to is the float bowl
number (?) and not the application.  Anyone know if you can tell
application from the float bowl number?

AYMK, you want to measure the diameter of the bore on the manifold side
of the carb.  If it is 1 3/4" it is an HS6.  The question I have are
these mixed and matched?  In other words, different dashpots for
different pistons.  They really ought to be a matched set.

Didn't MGB's run HS4's and HS6's were a go-faster mod?  Anyone? Lawrie?
 Barney?

Good luck,
Dave
59 :{)