Re: Car Alarms (Was: RE: TD Cowl Mirror Screws)

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Alarms (Was: RE: TD Cowl Mirror Screws)
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:32:02 -0700
I hope Bud wasn't right. Anyway, I had a conversation similar to this many
years ago with a coworker who I was on an assignment with. And I learned
the futility of arguing beliefs because we kept saying the same thing to
each other until it just become the same old thing over and over again
until we gave up. But in short, what Rocky is saying is not considered
unusual at all here in the western US where hunting, gun ownership, and
survival are all part of the way of life. Back east, where my coworker was
from, life is more big city oriented and what Rocky is saying is
interpreted in a whole different light. People in the eastern US tend to be
more anti-gun ownership in general, seeing guns from a more threatened
standpoint.

Unfortunately, this conversation/argument has the potential of being just
as bad as recent near disastrous topics like US politics and wealth
redistribution. And every bit as off topic. At least the infamous drive
shaft flames were on topic but still failed to win converts from either
side of the argument as near as I could tell (but remains a list legacy).

As I was mentioning - the last time I had this gun argument, I learned what
a waste of time arguing can really be. You only need to make your point
once, anything after that, it is just a waste of time.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B