Re: Car Alarms (Was: RE: TD Cowl Mirror Screws)

To: "David Breneman" <DAVID.BRENEMAN@dhl.com>,
Subject: Re: Car Alarms (Was: RE: TD Cowl Mirror Screws)
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:57:31 -0000
In my case the rationale was having the V8 attacked twice in a week whilst
parked under my bedroom window!  But I didn't want 'them' doing damage and
*then* the alarm going off, so I fitted one with a microwave sensor that
sounds a warning buzzer if anyone gets within a certain distance of the
outside of the car, as well as the full monte if they get in, in the hope
that the warning will send them off to an easier target, it having been
shown that once they have broken in and set off the alarm they will usually
carry on and steal what they were after anyway.  A week after fitting we
heard the buzzer sound in the evening, went outside but no one in sight, and
it hasn't happened again.  At least, not until the cat learnt to walk up the
windscreen and down the back window to sound the buzzer so we would open the
door for her ...