RE: Who designed the location of...

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Who designed the location of...
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:49:16 -0500
There are two 'standardized' methods, although they aren't installed on most
vehicles.  There are blue plugs, I don't remember the name of the
manufacturer, but one of them can be bolted to the body of the car and a
second installed on the cables.  You will frequently see these installed in
the grilles of municipal vehicles and wreckers.  They are commonly available
from wiring people.  Secondly there are bulkhead fittings that will take
battery cable on one side and have heavy terminals on the other side for
jumper cables to clamp onto.  Again these are readily available, I think I
have even seen them in autoparts stores.  I think both are available from
Summit racing and I think they are about $20 a pair

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer