Re: New at this game...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New at this game...
From: Chris Thompson <ct-mg@cthompson.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:25:17 -0600
Joshua Blair (joshua@joshblair.com) wrote:
> the first step you would take to begin restoration?  Should I do the small
> things and then the transmission or the other way around?  Thanks y'all.

Josh,

I always think back to what my grandmother once told me.

How do you eat an elephant?

One piece at a time.

I've been in the same boat as you, with a car that probably needs a
complete tear down restoration. That's not the best way to go about it
though. First I'm going to get it cranking again, then fix some electrical
necessities, a brake overhaul, and it'll be roadworthy, sort of.

Don't try to eat the whole elephant in one bite, or it'll bite back.

Unless, of course, you have an insane amount of money lying around and can
hand it off to a pro to do for you.

Chris Thompson
1974 MGB Chrome Bumper Roadster