Re: not a request for the purists in the group : ) 22 Mar 04.

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: not a request for the purists in the group : ) 22 Mar 04.
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:30:32 +1030
On 24/03/2004, at 9:57 AM, MGBnutt@aol.com wrote:

> This was discussed recently and I think the consensus was: Most thieves
> probably wouldn't know what the knock-offs were.  Unless, of course,
> we're talking
> about high class thieves.  I think stealing the whole car would be a
> bigger
> worry.  (Someone would need the proper wrench after all...)

Most thieves wandering the streets are opportunists (they don't carry
such a wide range of tools, like an octagonal wrench).

Everything is pretty well stripped from the inside of my 'B for
trackwork - but the buggers took my gear knob on Sunday!!  Grrrrr - I
did leave the fire extinguisher in there by accident, but they didn't
take that!

Opportunists (and probably drunk, too!)

Eric
'68 MGB MkII