RE: not a request for the purists in the group : ) 22 Mar 04.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: not a request for the purists in the group : ) 22 Mar 04.
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:57:28 -0500
Speaking as someone who put my tourer into a ditch at 50mph due to a loss of
the right front bolt on wheel, similar problems can happen to bolt ons.  I
guess if I weren't 16 and it weren't the first week of ever driving the car
I might have felt that the lugs had come loose, but I never felt a thing
until I crested a hill and the wheel fell off.

FWIW My family also experienced the loss of a rear wheel and the coming
loose of another front wheel on two modern cars a day or less after having
tire service performed by 'professional' mechanics.  Either we are cursed or
it isn't as rare as one might think.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer