Door Mirrors for 1966 MGB

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door Mirrors for 1966 MGB
From: "David Macedonia" <david.macedonia@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 00:04:01 -0400
Hi All,

What style of mirror would have been available as an accessory on my 1966
MGB when it was new? Looking through Clausager's book, I see no pictures of
a Mark I car like mine with door mirrors. My car came with one
"bullet-style" mirror on the driver's side door, but I'm not all that sure I
like the look of it. It just doesn't seem right.

Victoria British sells what they call a "Lucas Styled Flat Door Mirror" (P/N
9-184), but it doesn't appear to be available in both right-hand and
left-hand models.

Moss sells a similarly described unit (P/N 223-310), but it doesn't come in
RH and LH models either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave