Re: Door Mirrors for 1966 MGB

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Door Mirrors for 1966 MGB
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:52:59 -0700
To clarify, all passenger side mirrors were "optional" in the 60s, so you
are free to use whatever arrangement you like. But it seems to be true that
the "period" installations used the forward wing mounting position. The
wacky thing is that the actual mirror usually wasn't a "match" to the driver
side mirror, anyway.

I don't know that I'd call your mirror "bullet-type" -- that usually refers
to a round mirror (have you ever seen a rectangular bullet?). But I don't
know what else you'd call them, either. Streamlined?

Now that I think of it, I believe I actually bought the 223-210 mirror,
probably based on how it attaches.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149