Re: MGB Slave cylinder - HELP.

To: Don Vierling <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Slave cylinder - HELP.
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:22:52 -0500
Don Vierling wrote:

> Paul (Root)
>
> AFAIK, the servo hose Moss sells (182-188) is just regular hose.  When I
> got my replacement hose I expected it to be that "braided" pattern that
> the original has, but it appears to be ordinary hose of the correct
> diameter.  [Note: the "original" hose 182-185 is marked N/A in the catalog.]

Ok, I'm going to replace that hose. Thanks. Mine's pretty hard cooked.
I gotta get over to NAPA (3 blocks from work and I can't seem to get
there) for a couple of Gold oil filters anyway.

> My vacuum hose was dry rotted (or "cooked" by manifold heat more likely)
> and cracked right above the servo check-valve on the manifold.  This
> will cause a lack of vacuum assist when braking and the brakes should
> feel hard, but not "squishy".  You might want to check the system is
> properly bled and maybe replace the stock caliper hoses with those
> Stainless Steel Teflon  (Moss 182-225) lines.  I have them, but have not
> installed them yet.  Waiting till I do a complete brake service.

I replaced all the lines 2 years ago, when I did the brakes and the
front end. I bet I just did it with too much pressure on the ezibleed
and still have a few bubbles. Ed says 8-10 psi.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root
   /    _ \     1977 MGB