Re: MG motivation - engine and transmission opinions.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG motivation - engine and transmission opinions.
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 14:59:49 -0700
My considered suggestion is to drive it for a while, and see how you use it,
and what you perceive the shortcomings are, before undertaking any
modifications. Research your options, certainly, and solicit suggestions,
but don't start tearing things apart right away, until you have some idea
why you are doing what you're doing, and what your ultimate goals might be.

That said, if you are expecting modern levels of performance, the '75 model
is probably not going to do it in stock form. 75-77 was pretty much the
nadir... things perked up a little bit right at the end.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149