Re: De-Smog or Re- Smog ?

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: De-Smog or Re- Smog ?
From: "mgamgb" <mgamgb@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:53:11 +1200
, I will consider moving.
A friend of mine just immigrated to New Zealand to
> > get away from stupid laws involked just for
> > political gain.  Such is modern life.

We have stupid laws here too...but nothing too severe regarding older cars.
Our new design rules will (or do) require all new cars to have fuel
injection and an engine management system. Fuel is all lead free, and there
is a move to low sulphur diesel.

As the general fleet gets more modern, the emmissions per vehicle are
decreasing, and being a long skinny country exposed to the prevailing
westerly winds, air pollution is not too much of a problem except for a
couple of cities that suffer from temperature inversion and calm weather
sometimes during winters.

I could not believe the sunset in LA when I was there about 25 years ago.
The sun went a sort of brown colour mid afternoon, and pretty much
disappeared an hour later.  I understand that LA skies are getting back to
'blue' now.

Ian F