Re: Alternatives to de-smogging

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alternatives to de-smogging
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:08:08 -0700
That's a very good point, but it really only applies if your older car is
your ONLY car (for example, I have two cars, both 1967 or older). If, like
most people, your old LBC is a second (or third) car, then you really can't
claim any savings, because your old car isn't "replacing" a newly
manufactured car, it is "in addition" to a new car (it would be absurd to
claim that your alternative to an MGA as a weekend car would be a new
full-size SUV, for instance, though I suppose you could claim it would be a
new Miata).

But I like your "life cycle" analysis -- if we made a habit of looking at
all our purchases like that, well, it might open our eyes a little.

Cheers,
Max

--

Max Heim