RE: Alternatives to de-smogging

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Alternatives to de-smogging
From: "Stephen West-Fisher" <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 08:56:17 -0400
Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town. I also made a typo, replace
GTI with TDI. The TDI without an automatic gets 50mpg in the real world with
real drivers, mix of city and highway. It's a much dirtier engine, I'll
admit. So, the Prius and the Jetta TDI get about the same mileage. Doesn't
say much for hybrid technology compared to a computerized turbo diesel does
it?