Re: Alternatives to de-smogging

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alternatives to de-smogging
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 19:27:28 -0500
   There's nothing special about the traction battery in the Prius.  It's
a bunch of Nickel Metal Hydride "D" cells and it's warranteed for
100,000 miles.  What will probably happen is that by the time the NiMH
cells in Peg's Prius start going bad, there will be better technology
available to replace them.   There are NiCD and NiMH batteries in all
kinds of appliances, cell phones & tools as it is.  Responsible users
don't put them in the landfill; they recycle them.

    Cheers,

      CR