Re: Starter wire

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Starter wire
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 14:49:14 +1030
Paul Hunt wrote:

> If you have the pre-engaged starter with attached solenoid then it *should*
> be fairly obvious, that is if it hasn't snapped off flush with the plastic
> moulding.
>
> Here's hoping ...

That's it - experience would have meant I gave up earlier than this (and
a few extra hours of spare time to really investigate the matter
properly, but.... wishful thinking played its part, too.

I finally have to agree with Paul on this.

I have come to the conclusion that it has "snapped off flush with the
plastic moulding".

I am now in the process of trying to drop the starter out.  Some say I
can juggle it out.  Some say I could drop it and break the solonoid
anyway (thanks guys).  And some say I will get it wedged half way out.

With my luck so far is anyone will to take bets on this :-)

OK, you gotta laugh... otherwise you'd cry!

Of course, I lose another day of my weekend as Steward at an off-road
event all of Sunday.  Maybe I can claim my car is like my child and my
boss will give me a day off work to look after my sick child!

Grrrrr (sorry, I forgot to laugh... hahahahahahahahahahahaha <sob>)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII