RE: MGA Heater shut-off valve

To: "'Barney Gaylord'" <barneymg@MGAguru.com>,
Subject: RE: MGA Heater shut-off valve
From: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:43:32 -0700
Thanks, Barney. I should ALWAYS check your site before I ask questions!
I'll try your adjustments before I install the ball valve. I did just
install the 'coupe' heater shield underdash pad, so that should help
some. But I still had actual hot air coming in through the heater/air
vents before, so it was more than just firewall heat I was getting. When
I cleaned up my temperature (heater) control valve, it did appear to be
closing off properly, so maybe it just needed adjustment.

I take it there was no 'official' installation of such a ball valve in
the MGA heater lines. It was interesting that most of the MGA's I saw
last weekend with the bonnets open had the ball valves installed. I had
not noticed them before.

BTW, I just re-checked the pics I took last weekend and the Twin Cam did
NOT have the ball valve - only the pushrod engines.

As usual, thanks for a great answer.

Howard Battan
Auburn WA - soon to be in Anacortes, WA. Any MGA owners up there?