RE: Coil?

To: "'Malcolm Jeffcock'" <mjeffcock@tru.eastlink.ca>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Coil?
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:37:56 -0500
Malcolm,

Do as Pete suggests and try centering the jet. But before you go to that
trouble, be sure you haven't reversed the dashpots between the two carbs.
These are usually hand selected at the factory for the best fit.

Then try centering the jets. If that doesn't work and they still stick, use
the very finest emery cloth and a little carb cleaner to see if you can
clean and relieve the interference between the piston and the inside of the
dashpot. Sometimes it's just a little dirt that gets up there and prevents
the smooth operation. DON'T try to take any metal away. The piston and
dashpot need to be nearly an air-tight fit between them. Just lightly
burnish the two parts and see if that doesn't allow a smooth drop of the
piston.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer