MGB Windscreen Seal Installation

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGB Windscreen Seal Installation
From: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:11:50 -0500
Hello list.I am preparing to change the windscreen in my 1966 B. The old one
has a large crack and wiper marks. I remember, however, how difficult it was
to install the seal on the first one. In fact, it seemed almost impossible.
The aforementioned seal is the one between the bottom of the windscreen and
the cowl. The seal has a raised, grooved strip that is supposed to slide into
a slot across the full length of the bottom of the windscreen. I remember
lubricating, tugging, shoving, pushing, and a lot of sweating and cursing.

Before I try again, does anyone have any constructive input on how to make
this a more successful and enjoyable process. All POSITIVE input and
encouragement appreciated.

Bill Snyder
1966 MGB
1953 MG TD under construction