Re: MGB Windscreen Seal Installation

To: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>, "MG List"
Subject: Re: MGB Windscreen Seal Installation
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:34:03 -0000
Didn't we just go all through this?  Maybe it was another list ... or
planet.

If the slot is clean it *should* pull through with adequate lubrication, but
washing-up liquid doesn't seem to be adequate as it dries out too quickly.
I have used Swarfega Original (smooth), and others have mentioned other hand
cleaners, as it doesn't dry out.  You also need to make sure you do have
plenty pushed through, and it is not under tension from only having been
pulled, as it could shrink back.

You might also like to have a look at
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/wn_bodyframe.htm and click on 'Roadster Screen'.

PaulH.