Re: MGB Windscreen Seal Installation

To: Bill Snyder <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>, MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGB Windscreen Seal Installation
From: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:41:27 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
One piece of advise I can give you is that when ever I need to lubricate some
rubber parts to install them I use a lubricant sold by electrical supply stores
for use by electricians to lubricate wires that need to be pulled through
conduit.  The stuff is waxed based and very slippery.  It is certified not to
affect any wire and it dries clear without much residue.  I think it is water
based.  It is usually sold in large container which will last for ever.
Ron

"Hello list.I am preparing to change the windscreen in my 1966 B. The old one
has a large crack and wiper marks. I remember, however, how difficult it was
to install the seal on the first one. In fact, it seemed almost impossible.
The aforementioned seal is the one between the bottom of the windscreen and
the cowl. The seal has a raised, grooved strip that is supposed to slide into
a slot across the full length of the bottom of the windscreen. I remember
lubricating, tugging, shoving, pushing, and a lot of sweating and cursing."