RE: MGB Windscreen Seal Installation

To: "'Bill Snyder'" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: RE: MGB Windscreen Seal Installation
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:20:37 -0500
I just went through this about two months ago on my car.  Buy a bottle of
cable pulling lube.  It is stuff made for pulling building wiring through
conduit.  It is slippery as snot, evaporates reasonably quickly, and is
water soluble.  I was able, with a little pulling, but no swearing, to pull
and simultaneously push the seal all the way across the bottom of the frame
in just a few minutes.

Squirt it into the channel in the frame, and hand lube the rubber about 6 to
twelve inches at a time.  Since it does dry quickly, you will want to do the
whole process at once.  I think it took me about 10 minutes.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer