Re: More Moss Mishaps

To: kradicke@wishboneclassics.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More Moss Mishaps
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:16:19 EST
In a message dated 22/11/2004 5:02:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,  k
radicke@wishboneclassics.com writes:

The  blame lies with Scarborough Faire and Moss Motors, they both can review
and  refuse the shipments if quality is too poor.  Scarborough is  just
interested in making money, Moss has a bit more interest in keeping  their
customers happy, but still, they are not careful with their quality  controls
and they source a lot of junk from Scarborough.
____________________________________

The octagon set in  question was Moss stock 470-698.

No way would it fit the MGA lid.  But......Octagon Motors (the Vancouver
supplier), told us that the one we  returned was about the same as all the
rest,
so it wasn't a case of one bad  item. They also said that MGB owners complained
that the older ones that were  flat didn't fit their cars very well.

They had a one flat one, probably old stock, on the wall, which I took
despite some poor chrome (a ridge at the bottom of the piece). It bothered me,
as
I wanted to find out what the truth was, so I checked the factory parts  books.

The MGA part number for the surround (octagon) is AHH5261. I hunted  through
my parts books but couldn't find the MGB parts book - could someone  check and
see if it is the same part.

I also fumbled around in the dark feeling my MGC by Braille, and it didn't
feel like it had any significant curve to it.

At this point, I don't know if MGB is different (more curved?) and whether
or not the suppliers are selling MGB as MGA, or what?

I await the part number info with interest.

BTW, Moss is indeed researching the issue as well, and Kelvin is checking  it
out from their side (tell us how many flat and how many curved you
have....;-)

Bill