RE: More Moss Mishaps

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: More Moss Mishaps
From: "Lambdin, Mike" <mlambdin@towson.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:09:38 -0500

Makes me glad I never replaced the original trim pieces - still flat as a
pancake. I'll probably be better off just getting them rechromed.

> ...but if I were trying to finish a car and had ordered by mail, and had to
>go through all the fuss of returning by mail...

Been there when I first restored my A coupe, nearly 30 years ago. Trying to
locate the front and rear glass trim and door seals, that fit properly, was
exasperating. Never did find it from any of the MG parts dealers - went to a
local (now defunct) dealer who specialized in selling only British motor cars
sold. Matter of fact I have enough left over to do the car again and it is
still as good as new.

>Suggestion - charge me $12 instead of $10 for the item, and pay the extra  $2
>to someone with a box cutter, a stapler and a piece of plate glass, who
>could supply the quality control that is obviously lacking in your off-shore
>suppliers. Heck, I'd even give him another quarter to check and see if they
>remembered to chrome them before putting them in the package.....

I agree, Bill. It's not like we're buying parts for a bicycle or lawn
mower...which are easier to find, cheaper and probably better made.

>Bill
>in 'Disgusted - Again', BC

Mike - 'not disgusted, yet'