Re: 2 liter piston ID

To: leylandauto@yahoo.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 2 liter piston ID
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 17:57:43 EST
In a message dated 07/12/2004 2:42:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
leylandauto@yahoo.com writes:

My  mechanice has a set of unused 2ltr pistons attached to GV series rods.
He is not sure what the make of the pistons are. I have the numbers off of the
 top of the dished pistons
RA2694X std
TOP0015 C6

The pistons  measure 2.558 top to bottom (stroke?)
3.141 across  (bore?)

I doubt they would be 2 litre pistons from that long ago (the use of Lotus
Powermax pistons in MGBs doesn't go back much further than that), and in any
case the bore is smaller than the standard MGB bore of 3.16".

Better get more info.  I have a vague recollection that the Repco  numbers
started with RA but I'm sure someone with an old catalogue will nail it  down
for you.

Bill