Re: 2 liter piston ID

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>, mg list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 2 liter piston ID
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 19:13:55 -0800 (PST)
Barney, What I meant was the diameter and the height of the piston itself. I
was not exact as to the diameter as I was kinda freehanding the calipers
quickly. I should have counted the rings and types. I am going back tomorrow PM
to look again.
Carl

Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com> wrote:
At 02:38 PM 12/7/04 -0800, Carl French wrote:
>.... numbers off of the top of the dished pistons
>RA2694X std
>TOP0015 C6
>
>The pistons measure 2.558 top to bottom (stroke?)
>3.141 across (bore?)
>
>Can anyone ID these for me?

Obviously not 2-Liter pistons. Standard bore size for the MGB engine is 3.16"

Barney Gaylord