Re: radiator cover

To: "MG list" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: radiator cover
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 07:02:29 -0700
I used a sheet of cardboard that was more like posterboard, not the more
common corrugated cardboard used in shipping. It never got wet but if it
could, it likely would have just wrinkled up some. One of the things about
really cold weather, besides the fact that the MG coolant will not heat up,
is that there is no "wet" outside or even close. It is way too cold.
Everything is quite solid - even the seat cushions on the B start to get
rockhard at about 5 F. I never tried blocking the oil cooler but I do know
they are available from some suppliers in what I think is a plastic cover
of some kind.

I used to also use a lower radiator hose heater to keep the coolant warm
enough so the car would reliable start in below zero temperatures. A sure
sign you are in the frigid north is when your employer has outlets near all
the parking spots in the parking lot to plug your car's heater in.

Current outside temperature here in Montana - ten below zero F.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B