RE: MGB large brake pads

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB large brake pads
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:39:03 -0800 (PST)
--- "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com> wrote:
> They could either be TR8 brake pads or MGB GT V8
> pads.

Thanks Kelvin!

Incidentally, does anyone have any thoughts on the
various compounds available in the TR8 pad size?

EBC's are available, but they have a bad repution for
tearing up rotors.  But I hear that they are under new
ownership and have totally new compounds that are
supposed to be pretty good.  Their new "red stuff"
compound is listed as a street-acceptable pad that is
excellent for track use as well.

But there are pads available from Mintex (as Kelvin
mentioned), Hawk, Ferodo and Performance Friction,
amomng others.  I don't have any experience with any
of them.

My car gets mostly street use, but I take it to the
track about five or six times a year.  Ideally, I'd
love a pad that works on the street and also can hold
up to use at drivers schools and "Friday At The Track"
kind of use.  Not all-out racing, but just track days,
you know?

Cost is not of tremendous concern as long as it's reasonable...

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005
A vintage driving event in the spirit